Communications Specialist *CLOSED*
Limited Contract Position Available
Deadline for Applications: November 8, 2017
201 King St.
London, ON N6A 1C9
Ph: (519) 994-4326
We are looking for a talented Communications Specialist to lead our social media strategy for Go Wild Grow Wild (GW) and Carolinian Canada (CCC). You will be responsible for steadily growing our network, creating original content, managing accounts and managing followers in a cohesive way to achieve our communications, marketing and outreach goals under supervision of the Event Manager.
As a Communications Specialist, you understand our network and target audiences, are up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You know what type of posts get the best responses. You have excellent communication skills and can promote our organization’s messages accurately and creatively. You have proven skills at using social media to increase web traffic and user engagement. You like to work independently and as part of a team.
Develop, implement and monitor a digital communications strategy to steadily grow our network; Increase and deepen engagement; and cultivate more leaders in conservation as part of an outreach team.
- Work closely with staff teams to generate content.
- Use email, facebook, twitter, linked in and other platforms as needed to reach target audiences.
- Look for and manage creative opportunities to increase profile, reach and conversion rates to web clicks and action
- Develop, manage and monitor a digital communication calendar.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Monitor and report key metrics. Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices.
- Assist with other communications tasks as needed
- Social media expertise
- Up to date with the latest digital technologies
- Excellent communication skills and strong visual intelligence
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
Immediately to April 30, 2018. Flexible schedule of 10 hours per week. Potential for expansion and extension of contract.
About Go Wild Grow Wild
Go Wild Grow Wild is greening the future of Canada’s deep south with local outdoor adventure, gardening and green living. Find your new favourite wild place. Attract pollinators. Build a sustainable life. As the region’s wildest gathering of businesses, groups and experts, you will discover where to go, what to grow and how to get green. Experience the Survival Zone, backstage wildlife passes, Climbing wall, Gardening Gateway, Green Zone, Green Marketplace and much, much more. Join the thousands who connect at the April expo and all year in the interactive Guide. Together, we green the future. www.gowildgrowwild.ca
About Carolinian Canada Coalition
Immerse yourself in nature on your doorstep and discover Canada’s biodiversity hotspot. Carolinian Canada’s diverse network advances a strategic ‘Big Picture’ vision for healthy landscapes. Join us this year to grow some Canada by supporting local trees, wildflowers and wildlife in Canada’s deep south. Together we green the future. Explore CarolinianCanada.ca (Canadian Registered Charity 83559 4722 RR0001).