Gardening for Nature! Birds, Bees, Butterflies and More!
The First 30 Signups at the event for the In The Zone Garden Tracker will receive a FREE pin oak for their property!
You are invited to the inaugural In the Zone Garden Party in Hamilton
Hosted by Pollinator Paradise Project, WWF-Canada and Carolinian Canada
Saturday, September 8, 2018
1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
First Unitarian Church of Hamilton
170 Dundurn St. S, Hamilton, ON
Do you want to learn more about easy-to-grow native plants that can benefit local birds, butterflies and bees, and find out where to get them? Join us for an afternoon garden party to learn and connect with local organizations, gardening experts, In the Zone staff, and others; find out why native plants matter in Hamilton and what you can do to create healthy habitat and help native species thrive.
Meet easy-to-grow native plants that local pollinators love and depend on! Connect directly with local native plant growers and experts. Mingle with healthy garden leaders in your neighborhood. Explore your unique nature and discover fascinating local biodiversity.
Come to the party and share your story! We want to hear from you, whether you are starting ‘from scratch’ or have a garden full of native plants.
Don’t miss out!
- Hear from local wildlife leaders and garden experts
- Garden side chats: Share your stories and get advice about your garden
- Native plants for sale by partner nurseries
- Join In the Zone community – get started with online tools and the Garden Tracker
- Connect with your neighbours to grow a green future, together, in Hamilton
Each of us can do our part, one plant, one yard at a time.
All At The First In The Zone Garden Party
- 1,500 native plants live in the Zone – which one is right for you?
- Grow some Canada! Discover native plant ‘super powers’ to help the birds and bees.
- What kind of garden oasis do you want to grow? Casual, formal or wild?
- Tough garden spot? Native plants specialize in tough spots – wet, dry, windy, stony – get expert advice.
- Your native plant is powerful. Native plants are the building blocks of healthy and climate-smart gardens.
- Help a pollinator. Adopt a native plant. Meet them in full bloom!
- Learn how to avoid ‘fake’ native plants and ‘fast food’ bloomers that are unhealthy for pollinators
- How healthy is your garden? Track and earn healthy garden points.
- Get in the Zone - Help the birds and bees - Register your garden!
- Take home an In the Zone garden sign.
Through In the Zone we are calling for the restoration of the Carolinian Zone with native plants and connecting the actions of everyone who creates habitat for our native birds, bees, butterflies and more.
Pollinator Paradise Project is an initiative of the Environment Hamilton and the Hamilton Naturalists' club.
In the Zone is a partnership program of WWF-Canada and Carolinian Canada with many local partners in southern Ontario.
This event launches our In the Zone Garden Party celebrations. Watch for more or host your own – contact us at www.inthezonegardens.ca