First-of-its-kind FREE program this fall to expand your corporate relationships to grow healthy landscapes.
The Habitat partners program is presented in partnership with Carolinian Canada, World Wildlife Fund Canada, Conservation Halton, and Cootes to Escarpment EcoPark System. The program consists of an evening introduction to In The Zone, with an opportunity to hone your pitch and booth presentation, followed by a corporate workshop day to pitch your native plant programs and to network with local businesses.
Who should attend: Environmental non-profits, Indigenous groups, and community institutions within the Halton Region.
What you get:
- Connections to local partners and native plant growers
- Starter In the Zone partner kit with new corporate and community-focused resources
- Capacity building to reach your conservation goals through corporate engagement
- How-To leverage corporate relationships to save local wildlife, grow healthy habitat and connect people to nature
- Partnerships and tools to accelerate the growth of healthy ecosystems and track impact
Part 1: Set Yourself Up for Success - Prerequisite for Part 2 Capacity Building Evening
Hosted By: DeGroote School of Business, McMaster
Where: Ron Joyce Centre, 4350 S Service Rd, Burlington, ON
When: Monday November 4, 2019 5:00pm-7:00pm
The evening includes:
- Introduction to In the Zone, partnership toolkits and benefits
- Corporate employee engagement ‘pitch practice’, with feedback from experts
- How to: Recruit and retain corporate supporters, discussion with experts
- Effective and engaging booth training
Corporate engagement pitch
Please come ready with a pitch for a corporate employee engagement program, initiative or project related to native plants. The pitch may be tied to an existing community program, a program expansion or a new program. Come prepared to provide:
- 3-minute maximum verbal pitch for your corporate employee engagement program
- A single page hand out outlining the engagement opportunity
Part 2: In the Zone Corporate Workshops
Hosted by: Cootes to Escarpment EcoPark System
Where: Royal Botanical Gardens, 680 Plains Rd W, Burlington, ON
When: November 25, 8:45am – 1:00pm (booth opportunities until 4:00pm)
The workshop includes:
- Morning employee engagement session – where you will present your pitch to potential corporate partners from local businesses
- Full day booth opportunity
- Breakout networking lunch session to build corporate relationships
This program is free, but space is limited. Priority will be given to local participants registering by Oct 15.
Questions? Send inquieries to firstname.lastname@example.org