Communities for Healthy Landscapes Workshop: Southern Ontario
Save Our Unique Nature: Southern Ontario Workshop
Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
Location: Online conference call (details upon registration) OR Join us at Royal Botanic Gardens, 680 Plains Rd W, Burlington, ON L7T 4H4
In 2018, Carolinian Canada and partners developed the Big Picture Protected Areas Strategy to guide collaborative action toward an enhanced protected areas system. Join us to advance action by:
- Exploring implementation opportunities and municipal connections to expand and enhance protected areas
- Gather knowledge to inform the evaluation of protected areas criteria and definitions on the Carolinian landscape
- Identify data partners to inform evidence-based decision making
Join us to Save Our Unique Nature on Friday, November 15, 2019.
The workshop will offer the opportunity to design and facilitate a joint learning and planning experience that:
- Connects local leaders on this issue including strategic community, regional and municipal systems.
- Increases local knowledge regarding current related activities.
- Informs and inspires future action via sharing additional best practices from other communities.
- Connects neighbouring opportunities and increases understanding of both similarities and differences in strengths and challenges.
- Accelerates progress toward a sustainable future in southern Ontario.
Who should attend:
Carolinian Canada partners, municipal staff and decision-making representatives from ENGO, Indigenous, agricultural and landowner associations connected to protected area strategic and operational activities.
Join us at this unique event on November 15, 2019. Together we can Save Our Unique Nature.
Questions? Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org