Pawpaw Parade Host Application Form
Join The Parade - Seeking Partners Big and Small to Host Pawpaw Parade Pickup Locations
Please complete the following application to host a community popup event as part of the Pawpaw Parade. Apply throughout the year if you are interested in participating in the next parade and other Carolinian Canada program opportunities.
Carolinian Canada is seeking partners big and small to help create a new harvest celebration! Let's make every October pawpaw month - in the spirit and practice of reconciliation, we are inviting both Indigenous and non-Indigenous groups to help bring the pawpaw and other native plant species back to southern Ontario. As a Pawpaw Parade host, your group will serve as a popup stop for your community, distributing native plants and educational materials.
Inviting Indigenous Groups and Communities
Each year, the Pawpaw Parade has visited different Indigenous communities across the Carolinian Zone. This and other Carolinian Canada programs are available to help bring native plants back to the land. Apply throughout the year below to plant a community garden, host a community giveaway, or suggest your own project!
Carolinian Canada’s Commitment to Creating Ethical and Safe Spaces | Carolinian Canada
Pawpaw Parade Hosts are Carolinian Zone Champions
Be a hub for your community - as a Pawpaw Parade Host, you will be bringing together members of your community to help bring extrordinary native plants back to the land.
Each year we will celebrate our hosts with special perks as a thank you for participating.
Past Host Benefits
- Garden Party Kit - Celebrate with your members and volunteers! Every pawpaw parade host will recieve everything they need to throw their own garden party with a Healing Gardens - Garden Party Kit. Includes educational materials, native plant seed packs, and special bonus materials.
- Bonus plants - All extra plants will be yours to keep! All pawpaw parade hosts will recieve extra plants to make sure there are enough to distribute to the community. Any extra plants can be used as you see fit - you can give them away through your Garden Party, plant a small orchard at a local school, donate them to an Indigenous partner / community, throw your own fundraiser, etc.
- Virtual training – Learn about promoting native plants and where to get them. Learn about even more Carolinian Canada programs you can get involved in like, In The Zone, the Carolinian Canada Big Picture, Conservation Impact Bonds and more
- In Person Training and Healing Garden tour - We will invite your representatives to an in-person training event in London, On, where you will learn how to care for your Pawpaws prior to your parade event.
- Raise your Profile - Access Carolinian Canada's Network
- Carolinian Canada will feature your organization in press materials, advertising campaigns, and media interviews.
- As a parade host, we will help you create a Virtual Pawpaw Popup Stop where you can tell our network about your community’s relationship with native plants. You can also links to your own pages, blogs, and events year-round, and we will promote your news and events to our network. Carolinian Canada's website, social media and email network serves over 40,000 unique visitors yearly.
- Year-round recognition
- Be first-in-line for future projects, funding and the Conservation Impact Bond
- VIP invitations to future events and the Carolinian Canada AGM
- Complimentary CCC group seedling membership
Host confirmation is contingent on board approval of Carolinian Canada Coalition membership (fee waived for Pawpaw Popup Hosts). Previous hosts, exhibitors, and member groups in good standing are pre-approved. We may not be able to accept all board-approved applications due to limited pawpaw availability.
Applications received after Sunday, August 14, 2022 will be considered for next year's Pawpaw Parade.