Electric vehicles (EVs) are a cleaner mode of transportation, since they run on an electric battery instead of gas. Some of the benefits of an electric vehicle are:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution - the average Canadian driver can reduce their car’s greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 90%!
- Lower cost of ownership compared to a conventional vehicle
- EV’s qualify for many incentives to reduce upfront costs
Get Started with London Electric Vehicle Association
London Electric Vehicle Association (LEVA) is a group of people dedicated to promoting electric vehicles and their supporting infrastructure. LEVA hosts monthly meetings and events for its community of EV supporters.
Plug’n Drive: Webinars, Incentives, Rentals, and more!
Plug’n Drive is a Toronto-based non-profit organization committed to accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles in order to maximize their environmental and economic benefits. Check out their website to learn more about:
- Used EV Incentive Program - get $1,000 off your used EV purchase!
- Webinars and Upcoming Events
- EV Rentals
EV Charging Locations
Use PlugShare to search for EV chargers around the world, it works just like Google Maps, but for EV charging stations!
For EV-aficionados, Green Car Reports is a great resource with daily blog posts about EV reviews, guides, and news. Read it here.