CCC Job Opportunity: Event and Network Assistant
Applications due by July 4, 2022
Carolinian Canada is a network of leaders growing healthy landscapes for a green future in the Carolinian Zone, Canada’s extraordinary far south, in the spirit and practice of reconciliation. We connect science, community and business for healthy ecosystems and climate-smart neighbourhoods from Toronto to Windsor, Ontario.
Our cross-sector platforms connect 300 groups, 5,000 volunteers and 37,000 hectares to save local wildlife, water and our way of life; and support 14 UN Sustainable Development Goals. (2020)
As the Event and Network Assistant, you are enthusiastic, organized, and a thoughtful multi-tasker, interested in gaining experience and relationship-building in and between the conservation and Indigenous sectors. You bring experience reflecting the diversity of communities in southern Ontario. You want to collaborate with others to shift the paradigm for a healthy future and heal the land.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000 per year full time. This is a one-year contract with the opportunity for renewal pending successful fundraising.
We live on the traditional territories of many nations including the Anishinaabe, the Haudenosaunee, the Lunaapeew, the Wendat and the Mississauga. We acknowledge the inherent and treaty rights of the Indigenous peoples of Turtle Island including the many, diverse First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples who live here now. We commit to the teachings the Two Row Wampum and the One Dish One Spoon Wampum; and our duty to reconcile, learn more and create safe spaces for Indigenous and non-Indigenous perspectives to meet and discuss the issues that matter to everyone.
Carolinian Canada Coalition is a Canadian Registered Charity 83559 4722
As the Event and Network Assistant, you will....
Duties and Responsibilities
You will assist CCC teams by supporting event and networking activities with a focus on:
- Indigenous Voices Virtual Forum series over 6 month
- In the Zone program and related outreach initiatives (Healing Gardens, Regenerative Agriculture, Seed Orchards, Landowner Leaders) to grow healthy landscapes in southern Ontario
Your tasks will include:
- Support the creation of ethical and safe spaces
- Support communications / relationship building with speakers, volunteers, partners, registrants, inquiries, outreach networks
- Support IT with web updates, data input
- Support team meetings with agenda, minutes, follow-up actions, logistics, document management, research
- Support report development on strict timelines
- Support CCC teams with administrative and other duties as needed for smooth running of events and programs in ethical space
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Skills, experience or education in community engagement and outreach
- Strong written and communication skills
- Able to work productively in a virtual office, with teams and self-directed
- Specialties may include: native plants, Indigenous relations, research, data management, IT, social media moderation
- Proficiency in using computers and technology and ability to quickly pick up and use new software. Carolinian Canada makes use of: Microsoft Office, Teams, Onedrive and Sharepoint, Zoom Meetings and Webinars, Drupal Website CMS, Shopify
Equal Employment Opportunities
Carolinian Canada Coalition values diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We encourage all qualified applicants, including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities and members of sexual minority groups to apply. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A variety of skill levels are invited to apply.
Carolinian Canada Coalition is committed to providing accommodation for applicants in marginalized communities or with disabilities; please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application below. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Please submit your application and resume by July 4, 2022
We will be conducting rolling interviews, so early applications are encouraged.