White Sands Conservation Area & Bois Blanc Island Lighthouse National Historic Site | Carolinian Canada

White Sands Conservation Area & Bois Blanc Island Lighthouse National Historic Site

Located at the south end of Bois Blanc Island on the Detroit River, White Sands Conservation Area is the perfect spot for a day-away escape at the beach.  Note that this site is only accessible by boat.

The Bois Blanc Island Lighthouse, constructed in 1836 by the government of Upper Canada, has played an important role in navigation along the Detroit River – the main route from Lake Erie to Amherstburg, Windsor and the upper lakes (Lake St. Clair and Lake Huron). The lighthouse remained in service until the 1950s, and since its retirement has been transferred to Parks Canada and designated a National Historic Site.

Ownership and Affiliations: 
County: 
Site Themes: 
Trail Features: 
LinkedIn icon Pinterest icon Reddit icon Google icon
Carolinian Canada will make every effort to provide assistance making materials accessible on request. Contact info@carolinian.org for more information
carolinian