Are you a Source for Native Plants?
As part of Carolinian Canada's exciting new initiative with World Wildlife Fund - Canada, In the Zone(www.inthezonegardens.ca), we want to help gardeners find the best possible sources for their native plants. So we have created a voluntary on-line registry for organizations and businesses who provide native plants In the Zone.
Rather than Carolinian Canada officially endorsing or certifying plant sources for this listing, we have made it possible for any nursery, garden centre, non-government organization, community group or plant sale to register on-line. The only prerequisite for inclusion is that the native plant provider maintains a current membership with Carolinian Canada.
Each native plant source provides information about themselves (location, web site, etc.), as well as whether their products meet certain key criteria of importance to native plant gardeners. For example:
- Are all their plants locally and ethically sourced?
- Is plant source history available?
- Do they ever sell invasive species?
- Are they open to the public year-round or only at certain times?
- Do they sell wholesale or retail?
- What kinds of plants do they sell (wildflower seeds, aquatics, trees, shrubs, perennials, etc.)?
- Do they offer other services (e.g., landscaping, consultations)?
As this registry becomes populated, we expect it to offer conscientious gardeners a wide selection of native plant providers from which to choose, so that together we can create a greener, healthier future!
Not a member? Sign up your organization.
Event Sponsors and Go Wild Grow Wild Exhibitors in the current calendar year can activate a free membership.
Already a member?
Not sure? Contact email@example.com