Locally, we connect 300 groups across Toronto to Windsor to save, steward, seed and lead the way for healthy habitat across diverse communities.
5,000 volunteers are working together across 37,000 hectares, as of fall 2020. Urban to rural, wild to formal landscapes, beginners to experts, people to nature, we are improving equitable access to ethical climate-adaptive native plant landscapes for all.
Carolinian Canada’s network of partners are making a big impact with healthy habitat to:
- Heal the land in the spirit and practice of reconciliation
- Save 500+ rare and endangered species
- Protect drinking water for 11 M people in the Great Lakes Basin and one fifth of the world's freshwater
- Boost soil health and local food
- Reduce flooding, drought and other extreme weather
- Create green jobs, clean air, climate-smart neighbourhoods for 25% of Canadians
Globally, this work is tied to the United Nations Decade for Ecological Restoration which calls for strong commitments and efforts by countries, the international community, civil society, businesses, and others to achieve transformational ecosystem restoration. In addition, we have tied this work to 14 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals to combine our efforts towards this vision.
Read about about the Conservation Finance Field
- Our Inspiration: https://www.blueforestconservation.com/old3
- Indigenous Led: https://coastfunds.ca
- Global Network: https://www.conservationfinancealliance.org
- Innovation: https://www.ft.com/content/2f8bf9e6-a790-11e9-984c-fac8325aaa04